Sunday 29 January 2012

Age Discrimination Hits Silicon Valley

Saw this post last night in bed with my tablet .... boy does that say something ... if you have no one else to take to bed take your tablet .....

 Old Techies Never Die; They Just Can’t Get Hired

I will be writing a lot about this topic -- since I have been refurbished a few times already and I have worked for 'younger' bosses who thought they knew it all. The last was at Google where I did get fired (March 2010) because of my age but they were able to dance around it because I didn't have 'development' skills -- I was in their desktop video technical support. My (0,0,0) at that time was Albany NY.

There is lots of reasons these younger, hipper people don't hire the old people -- but the problem is that it will eventually catch up with them as it did when I worked at Microsoft. I have a few tales that I will wind out later.

My point is that an individual has to have something so interesting that a company can't refuse to at least hire the person on a contract. From there, it is up to you. That's the best, you will get in these days. And maybe that's all you want anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment